COLD PRESSED MUSTARD OIL
Our Cold pressed mustard oil comes with the immense natural benefits of mustard. We ensure the highest quality of our product, maintained intact in glass bottles.
What we love about Mustard Oil?
- Cold Pressed from the finest quality mustard seeds
- Delicious flavour and aroma
- Good ratio of Omega -3 and omega -6
- Rich in Mono Staurated Fatty acids (the good fatty chains that we need in our diet)
- Has a higher smoke point than many other oils- 250°C/ 480°C , so it results in lower oil retention in fried foods
- Great skin and hair tonic too!
Why Cold pressed?
- Cold pressed oil means the seeds are pressed in a low temperature that is below 36°C /98°F. This ensure their beneficial fatty chains are intact, and dont lose out on their goodness.
- Commercial edible oils in supermarkets are generally hot pressed oils. Hot pressed oil means the seeds are roasted and pressed under very high temperature (above 49°C /120°F)
- They also add petro-chemicals during the extraction process to get more oil out of the seeds.
- Edible oils purchased in stores are known as "RBD" oils. These are oils that have been Refined, Bleached and Deodorized. As a result, these oils are generally tasteless, odorless, and colorless regardless of the original oilseed type or quality.
- Multiple over processing like this, makes the resultant oil devoid of any benefits, and makes them anti-inflammatory, which is a big concern today for most people.
- We have been using these commercial for decades now due to savvy marketing campaigns, but it is only in the recent times, through awareness about the importance and benefits, cold pressed oils became very popular once again.
Cooking Heat - Medium-High.
Flavor - Bold.
Suitable for medium-high heat: Perfect for sauteing, frying, making curries, blending into a dressing/sauce, pickling.