VEGAN • CHEESE • SAUCE
I have a confession to make.. every once in a while, I crave that loaded nacho cheese sauce you get at the theatres.. yessss, It isn’t made of the best of stuff, and doesn’t even contain real cheese. So some research led to a version of cheese sauce, that also doesn’t contain ’cheese’.. but tastes amazing! And most importantly is made with clean ingredients like our @heartigrub #vegan cashew butter, nutritional yeast & herbs! And it’s great for folks who are dairy intolerant or vegan.. Double whammy!! And did I mention it goes with everything.. And for those of you thinking would it taste anything to the real deal.. oh yessir, this vegan cheese hits the Ho Erin in our books, even better than the one at theaters ;) Use it with your Nachos, cheesy Mac, dip or drizzle over your baked veggies!!
Zero prep time and ready in 10 mins, all things we love in a recipe.
PS: Are you familiar with nutritional yeast? For those of you who aren’t, it is a deactivated yeast made from sugarcane & beet molasses. It is loaded with B-vitamins and gives this spread its robust, cheesy flavor. It can be found in health food stores and specialty supermarkets, our go to places are @organicfoodsandcafeuae @spinneysdubai @kibsons . If you are unable to source nutritional yeast, no problem. You can substitute it with good quality soy sauce for that cheesy flavor.
PREP TIME: 0 mins
COOKING TIME: 10 mins
- 1 cup of @heartigrub Vegan Cashew Butter
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 3 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Place all the ingredients except the herbs into a food processor. Pulse util its mixes well.
- Next add all the herbs, blending it to a smooth & creamy consistency.
- Adjust the consistency, by adding a lil water, if you think its too thick. Now go ahead and dig into it to taste the cheesiness!!
- You can also make Vegan Cheese with this. Pour the cheese sauce in a container with Cleese cloth lined it. Just refrigerate until chilled and set. Once chilled, cashew butter cheese can be turned out of the container.