Here is a simple recipe that is perfect to start your mornings, which is perfect during the month of Ramadan, or any other times of fasting! Here are some benefits that makes us love such shake recipes:
- Soo delicious!
- Filling & satiating
- Great way to increase our intake of fruits
- Full of fibre
- Helps manage food cravings, which is so important during fasting
- Naturally sweet, balanced with fibre, so keeps our blood sugar in check
- Provides a nutritional balance of fats, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- 2 bananas frozen
- 4 Dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Almond Butter
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 2 cups Milk of Choice
1. You can add frozen bananas or over ripe bananas at room temperature. If doing the latter, you can add 1-2 ice cubes.
2. Add all the ingredients in the blender, and blend at high speed, till you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
3. This is best enjoyed immediately, but can covered and refrigerated for a few hours.
The most important things about a date shake is to ensure that there are no chunks of dates in your shake!! Sound sprety simple, right? But for most making it the first few times, this is is a real struggle!!
So here are easy ways to avoid this:
1. Choose the best organic dates available to you. The fresher and softer variety are better to use for making shakes.
2. If the dates are firm, then soak them in 10 mins prior to blending.
3. If you have a high power blender, then you don't need to worry about any of the above :)