Did you know tat hazelnut oil is traditionally used in many cultures more than just for cooking? Yes, it is highly valued for skincare!
Whether you use it as a part of your diet or apply it topically, this oil is extremely beneficial for boosting beautiful glowing skin, hair as well as a healthy body!
What is Hazelnut Oil?
Hazelnut oil is a golden yellowish liquid derived from the Corylus tree, which is a type of tree nut. Here at HeartiGrub, we source premium GMO-free Turkish hazelnuts and make this organic oil from cold pressed gently roasted hazelnuts in small custom batches to retain as much of the oil's nutrient content as possible.
It can be used to add a deliciously intense, nutty flavour to dressings and baked goods. It complements vegetables, kefir, cheeses, meats, and fish well. When used in salads, hazelnut oil is really the star ingredient!
Hazelnut Oil For Skin
- Hazelnut oil is one of the most stable and beneficial natural oils available. It's a great base for cosmetics and is very nutritious, thanks to its high oleic acid content.
- Hazelnut oil makes skin soft and supple without leaving a greasy residue, and it has a number of advantages that complement the other plant extracts and essential oils in each treatment oil.
- It also helps to rejuvenate and regenerate dead skin cells. It effectively revitalises the skin.
- Hazelnut oil has antibacterial properties for skin problems such as chapped lips, stretch marks, scars, and so on.
- Vitamins A, C, K and E in hazelnut oil work together to prevent premature development of fine lines and wrinkles and thereby delaying onset of aging.
- It tightens skin pores and controls oil secretion, keeping the skin clean and oil-free. The tannins in the oil make it a great astringent.
- According to recent research, hazelnut oil increases collagen production by inhibiting an enzyme that destroys it.
- In some cases, applying vitamin E-rich skin care products can help to reduce the appearance of scars.
- It is also used as a carrier oil for aromatherapy and massage oils.
How To Use Hazelnut Oil for Skin?
Before applying hazelnut oil to your skin, we recommend that you perform a patch test. Wait a few hours after applying oil on your forearm. If you get redness, swelling, irritation, rashes, or burning sensations, immediately stop using it.
This hazelnut oil can be used alone or in combination with other oils. To increase the oil's medicinal and cosmetic advantages, mix it with carrier oils or other essential oils.
Other organic ingredients and skin care products can be combined with the oil (since it acts as an emulsifier).
- Face Mask: Although this oil is excellent for all types of skins - oily, combination and sensitive skin. But if you have oily skin and acne, a face mask with hazelnut oil works like a charm. Add half a teaspoon of hazelnut oil, jojoba oil, and two drops of lemon essential oil to a tablespoon of Fullers Earth clay (multani mitti). Make a fine paste using these components and water. Apply on your face and leave it for 10 minutes.. Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Sunburn treatment: If you have a sunburn, using hazelnut oil will help immediately soothe the skin and relieve the pain.
- Sunscreen Oil: Mix a few drops of hazelnut oil with your favourite carrier oil and apply to your skin on a regular basis to protect it from harmful UV rays.
- Acne Treatment: Acne can be treated with hazelnut oil, and blackheads can also be prevented.
- Body Massage Oil: Hazelnut oil acts as a carrier for essential oils. It thoroughly penetrates the skin, lubricating and softening it. Massage therapists commonly use this oil to relieve physical or psychological pains.
Hazelnut Oil for Hair
Hazelnut oil is rich in fatty acids, proteins, and vitamins, and it can nourish both your hair and your scalp. It is an excellent oil for maintaining healthy hair growth and is ideal for scalp massages to not only stimulate and nourish the hair follicles but also to relieve dryness and protect the scalp from the sun.
Due to its high tannin saturation, hazelnut oil provides UV protection for the scalp and hair, by acting as a barrier.
How To Use Hazelnut Oil for Hair?
- Hydration Treatment: Pour the oil into a spray bottle and treat the hair and roots as needed if you notice your hair becoming dry and brittle. By restoring moisture to the hair and scalp, you can expect smoother, shinier hair and improved texture. It is effective on colour-treated hair to combat the drying effects of over-coloring.
- Pre-shampoo: Apply the oil to your hair strands at least one hour before washing them. This reduces the amount of water absorbed by the hair and, as a result, the risk of damage.
- Deep moisturising Conditioner: If your scalp is dry and itchy, try pure hazelnut oil. Massage it into your scalp and leave it to absorb and condition overnight. This is a rejuvenating oil that has positive effects on our skin cells and combats aging in the scalp due to its high composition of nutrients, minerals, flavonoids, and antioxidants.
What We Love About Hazelnut Oil?
- It’s a versatile oil with a wide range of applications.
- Hazelnut oil's high vitamin E and fatty acid content can help increase hydration in the skin's outermost layer. Vitamin E improves skin elasticity by keeping it hydrated, making it appear firm and supple.
- Hazelnut oil is also non-comedogenic, meaning it will not clog your pores. Anyone with oily or acne-prone skin will rejoice at this news. It has natural astringent properties that remove oil and bacteria from your skin, which can cause acne.
- It absorbs quickly into the skin and has a tightening effect, making your skin appear healthier and more toned.
- It also aids in collagen production, which is essential for maintaining a youthful appearance. The combination of Hazelnut Oil and the Personal LED is a winning combination for achieving a healthy and ageless glow.
- A little goes a long way!
FAQsQ) Is Hazelnut oil safe for sensitive skin?
A) Hazelnut oil's mild moisturizing and conditioning properties make it an ideal natural conditioner, especially for sensitive and dry skin.
Q) How do I store Hazelnut oil?
A) We suggest you store it in a cool, dark place, protected from direct sunlight.
Hazelnuts don't just taste good; but our cold pressed oil is a hidden gem!
Using it in your daily beauty routine or adding it to your food is like treating yourself every time. Your skin and hair will thank you for it!
We recommend you keep hazelnut oil handy at home to make your own natural moisturizers, sunscreen, desserts, salads, and so much more.