Summer rolls make a healthy, colourful and fun lunch or appetizer, with a variety of fillings and dips and let each guest roll their own summer roll.
🌿For the salad filling
* 1/2 zucchini
* 1/2 carrot
* 1/2 or a small betroot
* Small Cucumber
* 1/4 pc of each of the Tri-coloured bell peppers
* Few Mint leaves chopped
* Handful of parsley chopped
* Few leaves or iceberg lettuce chopped🥗
For the Peanut salad dressing
* 2 teaspoon @heartigrub @heartigrub_sg peanut butter
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1 teaspoon tamari sauce* 4-5 drops of ginger juice
* 1 tiny clove of garlic grated
* Few chilly flakes (optional)
* Salt to tasteVietnamese Rolls Rice paper sheets to wrap🍜Dipping Sauce
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 1 tbsp honey
* 1 tsp tamari sauce
Make zoodles out of zucchini, carrots and cucumber, and juliennes out of betroot and colored capsicums, chop all the greens and keep them chilled in a bowl. Whisk all the ingredients of salad dressing in a small bowl and toss them in the veggies. Refrigerate this salad for 1-2 hours so it is nice and cold.
Dip the rice paper sheets in luke warm water for 15 seconds and immediately dip it in ice cold water. Do this is an open plate, with very lil water. Place the sheets on a dry chopping board or flat plate one at a time and place one tbsp of the cold salad on it. Wrap and roll tight as a spring roll place them on a bed or lettuce. For the dip sauce. Mix all the ingredients and it shud be of a runny consistency.Sprinkle with toasted sesame seedsMakes about 12-14 rolls.
Enjoy! Would love to hear your favourite summer roll fillings?
- If you have peanut allergies, you can substitute the peanut butter with almond or chew butter.
- Do not keep the rice wrapper in water for too long, as it becomes very fragile and starts sticking to your fingers and itself. Take it out when it is no longer hard but still retains its shape as it continues to soften even once out of the water.